If you’ve been following me on social, then you already know my HG mascara is L’Oreal Telescopic. I’ve said it time and time again, that I don’t find it necessary or even exciting to try other mascaras, because Telescopic is literally perfect. However, not going to lie… Whenever I got served a paid Instagram ad for this Thrive mascara, it caught my attention. I knew it had the type of wand that I liked, short and rubber bristles, so I cheated on ~*BAE*~, and bought it.
Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara (<$10)
- Makes lashes super long and separated
- You can add multiple layers without it getting clumpy – I usually do about 3 (two on front and on top)
- Doesn’t flake or smear
- Wand separates each lash
- I don’t love the mascara when I first open it – It’s a little too “wet.” I leave the top of it for a day or so, then it’s good to go
- If you have long bottom lashes (like me), then this makes your lashes “too” long (yes there is a thing! lol), and the heat from your skin will cause the mascara to smear
- Not as easily removed – You need a liquid eye makeup remover or usually I use a whole makeup wipe for my mascara
Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara ($24)
- Liked the way my lashes looked the first time using it – Didn’t need for it to dry out a little like Telescopic
- You can get your lashes to look pretty good with one coat – Don’t have to do a lot of work
- Vegan and cruelty free
- You have to know when to stop – If you add too many coats, then you get spider lashes that are all stuck together. Think Twiggy
- It’s really easy to remove, but if you bump or touch your lashes at all they get messed up. It’s almost like they never fully dry. This is a problem for me as I’m a contact wearer. They also got messed up when I was putting a shirt on over my head.
- Felt like it dried out faster than the Telescopic
- Can only order fro my their site
- Brush is a little bigger than the Telescopic so if you have small lashes, this brush might be harder to grab them
THE WINNER = L’OREAL TELESCOPIC
You can’t beat the length it gives your lashes for the price.